Casa Viva may collect personal information when visitors complete a form or interact with an employee. Casa Viva may combine new information with information we have previously obtained. Casa Viva uses information for the following general purposes: to contact you about further ministry opportunities, to fulfill your requests for products and services, and to improve our ministry.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Casa Viva does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other individuals, corporations, or non-affiliated ministries.
Occasionally we may provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Casa Viva under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Casa Viva communicate with you about Casa Viva and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
Confidentiality and Security
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to inform you about the ministry of Casa Viva. We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
Child Identity Protection Policy
Casa Viva serves children who come from difficult backgrounds. The nature of our ministry is helping these children out of their past and into a bright new future. Our desire is to protect the children from living under the shadow of their past, as well as from predation and exploitation. We will do this by concealing the complete identity of the child from those who don’t need not know it.
At the same time, we have the responsibility to honestly communicate with Casa Viva partners about the real work we are doing in the lives of these children. To this end, we will work under the guidelines set forth by the Viva Child Protection Policy summarized here:
- Casa Viva will not distort the histories of children to better appeal to supporters.
- Casa Viva will not reveal the exact location of the children.
- Casa Viva will use only first names when referring to the children.
- Casa Viva will use only first names of the family who are caring for the children or the child’s biological family.
- Casa Viva will, when necessary, use pseudonyms to protect the child’s or family’s identity.
Child Image Protection
In agreement with the Viva Visual Images Policy, Casa Viva will protect the children we serve by publishing photos that are truthful, faithful, honorable.
- Photos of children will respect the dignity and self worth of a child. For example, photos of children who are improperly clothed will not be published.
- Photos of children will show the hope and future of the child, instead of desperation and despair.
- Photos of children will not mislead the viewer as to the actual situation of the child.
- Photos will depict the reality of the child’s situation and will not aim to distort it.